Upon seeing the post, Lyn remarked:
I have to say I was really shocked and honored to be so high on the list. Some awesome company!
The list includes drivers and industry pioneers – from around the world and from the last century – whose successes who helped pave the way in the male-dominated world of motorsports for today’s contingent of talented female racers.
Included on the list are:
- Denise McCluggage – Journalist and established racer
- Hellé Nice – Set land speed record in 1929
- Sabine Schmitz – Won the 24 Hours of Nürburgring twice
- Pat Moss – Successful Rally racer – overshadowing brother Sir Stirling Moss
- Courtney Force – Won her first Top Alcohol Dragster race at 21 years of age
- Jutta Kleinschmidt – Won the Dakar Rally in 2001
- Marie-Claude Charmasson – Two class wins at Le Mans
- Lyn St. James – Two 24 Hours of Daytona Wins, 1 win at the 12 Hours of Sebring
- Shirley Muldowney – Drag Racing pioneer
- Michele Mouton – Nearly won the 1982 World Rally Championship
Owned by Gawker Media, Jalopnik has emerged in recent years as a standout car, car culture and automotive industry internet news source.